How I Got Depression?

by - 00:24

Assalamualaikum,
Before I tell you about the title given. I would like to talk a little bit about depression. Depression is a common but serious mood disorder. It can affect your daily life such as sleeping, eating and working through many severe symptoms.  There are many symptoms of depression such as persistent sad, anxious or ‘empty’ mood, feeling of hopelessness, feeling of guilt, worthlessness or helplessness, loss of interest, decreased energy or fatigue, feeling restless, have difficulty concentration or making decision, have difficulty of sleeping or oversleeping, thoughts of death, have aches or pains, headaches, cramps or digestive problem without a clear physical cause.

The causes of depression are personal or family history of depression, major life changes, trauma, stress and certain physical illness and medication. There are a few treatments for depression likewise medications, an antidepressant is a medicine that treats depression and psychotherapies is a therapy that gives you a chance to talk to your therapist's face to face. Credit to: Depression

I start to be discovered that I have major depressive disorder after the major stress of final year project. I cannot think or talk about it. I easily crying when I heard word “project”. I am having many symptoms that stated above such as oversleeping, feeling worthlessness and hopelessness, thoughts of death and having pains through all my body. I delayed it for a year and a half. I think I have let my parents down by deciding quit studies. Even though, there are many people give me support and tell me not to give up. But I can’t. Thanks to Allah that give me another chance to build a new life by learning to cook and bake. I hope I can excel in this learning and adapt it to my whole life. I want to use this platform to tell about my life from any aspects.

You can try this depression test to see more about it.

Thank you for reading. 

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. do you got any treatment for your mental health issue? As specifically, do you meet any doctors and get medication for it? I hope you can answer it because if yes i would like to ask about your experience about it. Thankyou :'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never get any treatment. I'm sorry I don't meet any doctors.

      Delete